- Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology
- Glaucoma and Cataract Service
- Chief of Ophthalmology, UPMC Shadyside
- Diplomate, American Board of Ophthalmology
- Associate Residency Program Director
- University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
Education & Training
2012 Glaucoma Fellowship, Department of Ophthalmology; University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA
2011 Residency, Department of Ophthalmology; University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH
2008 Internship, Department of Internal Medicine; University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH
2007 M.D.; West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown, WV
2007 Ph.D. in Anatomy and Neurobiology; WVU School of Medicine, Morgantown, WV
1998 B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Summa Cum Laude, Honors Graduate; WVU College of Engineering and Mineral Resources, Morgantown, WV
- van der Merwe Y, Faust AE, Conner IP, Gu X, Feturi F, Zhao W, Leonard B, Roy S, Gorantla VS, Venkataramanan R, Washington KM, Wagner WR, Steketee MB (2018). An elastomeric polymer matrix, PEUU-Tac, delivers bioactive tacrolimus transdurally to the CNS in rat. EBioMedicine.
- Shazly, T, Conner IP, Bonhomme GR (2017). A man with bilateral peripheral visual field loss. JAMA Ophthalmology 135:2308.
- Fedorchak MV, Conner IP, Cugini A, Schuman JS, Little SR (2017). Long term glaucoma drug delivery using a topically retained gel/microsphere eye drop. Sci Rep 7:8639.
- Shazly T, Conner IP, Espandar L (2017). Intraoperative optical coherence tomography-assisted Descemet's stripping automated endothelial keratoplasty for anterior chamber fibrous ingrowth. Cornea 36:757-8.
- O'Connell C, Ho LC, Murphy MC, Conner IP, Wollstein G, Cham R, Chan KC (2016). Structural and functional correlates of visual field asymmetry in the human brain by diffusion kurtosis MRI and functional MRI. NeuroReport 27:1225-31.
- Ho LC, Sigal IA, Jan NJ, Yang X, van der Merwe Y, Yu Y, Leung CK, Conner IP, Jin T, Wu EX, Kim SG, Wollstein G, Schuman JS, Chan KC (2016). Non-invasive MRI assessments of tissue microstructures and macromolecules in the eye upon biomechanical or biochemical modulation. Sci Rep 6:32080.
- Murphy MC, Conner IP, Teng CY, Lawrence J, Saffiulah Z, Wang B, Bilonick RA, Kim SG, Wollstein G, Schuman JS, Chan KC (2016). Retinal structures and visual cortex activity are impaired prior to clinical vision loss in glaucoma. Sci Rep 6:31464.
- Ho LC, Wang B, Conner IP, van der Merwe Y, Bilonick RA, Kim SG, Wu EX, Sigal IA, Wollstein G, Schuman JS, Chan KC (2015). In vivo evaluation of white matter integrity and anterograde transport in visual system after excitotoxic retinal Injury with multimodal MRI and OCT. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 56:3788-800.
- Knickelbein JE, Singh A, Flowers BE, Nair UK, Davis R, Raju LV, Schuman JS, Conner IP (2014). Acute corneal edema with subsequent thinning and hyperopic shift following selective laser trabeculoplasty. J Cataract Refract Surg 40:1731-5.
- Fedorchak MV, Conner IP, Medina CA, Wingard JB, Schuman JS, Little SR (2014). In vivo comparison of a single, subconjunctival injection of brimonidine tartrate-loaded microspheres to topical drops over 28 days. Exp Eye Res 125:210-6.
- Ho LC, Conner IP, Do CW, Kim SG, Wu EX, Wollstein G, Schuman JS, Chan KC (2014). In-vivo assessment of aqueous humor dynamics upon chronic ocular hypertension and hypotensive drug treatment using gadolinium-enhanced MRI. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 55:3747-57.
- Conner IP, Odom JV, Schwartz TL, Mendola JD (2007). Retinotopic maps and foveal suppression in visual cortex of amblyopic adults. J Physiol 583:159-173.
- Conner IP, Odom JV, Schwartz TL, Mendola JD (2007). Monocular representation in visual cortex of amblyopic adults measured with fMRI. J AAPOS 11:340-350.
- Mendola JD, Conner IP (2007). Eye dominance predicts fMRI signals in human retinotopic cortex. Neurosci Lett 414:30-34.
- Agrawal R, Conner IP, Odom JV, Schwartz TL, Mendola JD (2006). Relating binocular and monocular vision in strabismic and anisometropic amblyopia. Arch Ophthalmol 124:844-850.
- Mendola JD, Conner IP, Sharma S, Bahekar A, Lemieux SK (2006). fMRI Measures of perceptual filling-in in the human visual cortex. J Cog Neurosci 18:363-375.
- Mendola JD, Conner IP, Roy A, Chan ST, Schwartz TL, Odom JV, Kwong KK (2005). Voxel-based analysis of MRI detects abnormal visual cortex in children and adults with amblyopia. Hum Brain Mapp 25:222-236.
- Conner IP, Sharma S, Lemieux SK, Mendola JD (2004). Retinotopic organization in children measured with fMRI. J Vis 4:509-523.