07/1992-09/1997 Attending Ophthalmologist Department of Ophthalmology, Third Hospital of Xuzhou, Xuzhou, China
08/2001-03/2003 Associate Professor Department of Ophthalmology, Third Hospital of Xuzhou,
Xuzhou, China (with special appointment)
04/2008-10/2013 Research Assistant Professor, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh PA USA
11/2013-present Assistant Professor, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh PA USA
Education & Training
- Xuzhou Medical College, Jiangsu Province, China, 09/1982-07/1987, Clinical Medicine, M.D.
- Beijing University, Beijing, China, 09/1997-07/2001, Ophthalmology, Ph.D.
- Yiqin Du*, Danny Roh, Mary Mann, Martha Funderburgh, James Funderburgh, Joel Schuman. Multiple stem cells from trabecular meshwork become phagocytic TM cells. (*Corresponding author) Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 2012; 53: 1566-1575.
- Craig Boote*, Yiqin Du*, Sian R. Morgan , Jonathan Harris , Christina S. Kamma-Lorger , Sally Hayes , Kira L. Lathrop, Danny S. Roh, Michael K. Burrow, Jennifer Hiller , Nicholas J. Terrill , James L. Funderburgh, Keith M. Meek. Quantitative Assessment of Ultrastructure and Light Scatter in Mouse Corneal Debridement Wounds. (*contributed equally to this work). Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 2012; 53: 2786-2795.
- Jian Wu, Yiqin Du, James L Funderburgh, William R Wagner. The engineering of organized human corneal tissue through the spatial guidance of corneal stromal stem cells. Biomaterials 2012, 33: 1343-1352.
- Yiqin Du, Danny Roh, Martha Funderburgh, Mary Mann, Kacey Marra, Peter Rubin, Xuan Li, James Funderburgh. Adipose-Derived Stem Cells Differentiate to Keratocytes in vitro. Mol. Vis. 2010;
- Yiqin Du, Eric Carlson, Martha L. Funderburgh, Naxin Guo, David E. Birk, Winston W. Kao, James L. Funderburgh. Stem Cell Therapy Restores Transparency to Defective Murine Corneas. Stem Cells. 2009, 27 (7): 1635-1642.
- Yiqin Du, Nirmala Sundarraj, Martha L. Funderburgh, Stephen A. Harvey, David E. Birk, James L. Funderburgh. Secretion and Organization of a Cornea-like Tissue in vitro by Stem Cells from Human Corneal Stroma. Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 2007; 48: 5038-5045. PMCID: PMC2874676.
- Yanling Ma, Yongsheng Xu, Zhifeng Xiao, Wei Yang, Chun Zhang, E Song, Yiqin Du, Lingsong Li. Reconstruction of chemically burned rat corneal surface by bone marrow-derived human mesenchymal stem cells. Stem Cells. 2006; 24: 315 - 321.
- Yiqin Du, Martha L Funderburgh, Mary M Mann, Nirmala SundarRaj, James L Funderburgh. Multipotent Stem Cells in Human Corneal Stroma. Stem Cells. 2005; 23: 1266-1275.
- Martha L. Funderburgh, Yiqin Du, Mary M. Mann, Nirmala SundarRaj, James L Funderburgh. PAX6 Expression Identifies Progenitor Cells for Corneal Keratocytes. FASEB J. 2005; 19: 1371-1373.
- Yiqin Du, Jing Chen, James L Funderburgh, Xiuan Zhu, Lingsong Li. Functional reconstruction of rabbit corneal epithelium by human limbal cells cultured on amniotic membrane. Mol Vis. 2003; 9:635-643. PMCID:
Trabecular Meshwork Cell Biology